Racing Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Racing Forum

for Forza Motorsport 3

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to F.U.B.A.R Racing!!
Don't forget to Register your driver number
NASCAR start date TBA
Click the home button to view Motorsport News
CLUB Series Money to be allocated on standings.
CLUB Series Standings NM UK - 388 Points VTR - 347 Points CPR - 130 Points M@W - 84 Points
Take a look at the NASCAR Series and Le Mans Series for registration
Links
Tuning Calculator
DIY Race Tuning
Forza.net
Turn 10 Links
Leaderboards
VIP Gift Battle
Auction House
Latest topics
» if you like grime
Fanetec porshe wheel I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 6:23 am by CJs87Stang

» My Grid Girl
Fanetec porshe wheel I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 7:28 pm by mr harms

» Questions on jalopnik pack
Fanetec porshe wheel I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 2:54 pm by GOOG60

» Event idea's, post them here
Fanetec porshe wheel I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 8:46 pm by GOOG60

» Is Fubar Still Alive?
Fanetec porshe wheel I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 9:22 pm by Metzkill1

» Back!!
Fanetec porshe wheel I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 7:33 pm by Metzkill1

Fanetec porshe wheel

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GOOG60

GOOG60

Fanetec porshe wheel Empty
PostSubject: Fanetec porshe wheel   Fanetec porshe wheel I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 8:25 pm

Well, my wife bought me one for my birthday last Saturday. I was just wondering what I can expect out of it. I use a wore out ms wheel and pedals right know. I have two ms wheels and my new one went completly out, that's why I'm geting the new fanetec. Just wondering if anybody can give me some pointers on the fanetec.
Back to top Go down
Metzkill1

Metzkill1

PostSubject: Re: Fanetec porshe wheel   Fanetec porshe wheel I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 10:19 pm

I know that myself and The Mac Show have this set up and we have it all mounted to a playseat. I've had mine for about 5 or 6 months and no problems. They now have a tuning kit for the Clubsport Pedals (get one if you don't have it), and there is A LOT of adjustability. See their website for more details: www.fanatec.com

Link to Playseat HERE

You'll have to drill holes for the wheel and use zip ties for the pedals (or mount them to wood and then the wood to the plate).

Worth it in my opinion and you can google the playseats and find lots of retailers. I think you can find them for around $200 up to over $500. All the models are pretty much the same.

-Metzkill
Back to top Go down
GOOG60

GOOG60

PostSubject: Re: Fanetec porshe wheel   Fanetec porshe wheel I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 10:25 pm

Yeah I've got the forza edition playseat already. I got it back in October. I've order the tool kit for the pedals also. I'm looking foward to throwing that ms wheel as far as I can throw it.
Back to top Go down
Metzkill1

Metzkill1

PostSubject: Re: Fanetec porshe wheel   Fanetec porshe wheel I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 10:33 pm

Sounds like you'll be all decked out man!

I didn't have all that much trouble with my MS wheel. In fact it worked ok and have since given to a friend....sucker!

Anyway, it is obviously comparing apples to oranges. Think you'll be happy.

I think just standard size M5 hex bolts will work bolting the wheel to the Playseat (if you choose).

The only thing a little "loose" about the set up is the gear shifter and how it just "hangs" out on the tubes. The sequential is fine, but the gate shifter can still move around more than it should when you are jamming gears. I pretty much just go with sequential and the paddle shifters now.
Back to top Go down
GOOG60

GOOG60

PostSubject: Re: Fanetec porshe wheel   Fanetec porshe wheel I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 10:53 pm

The clutch pedal is what I'm looking foward the most.
Back to top Go down
GOOG60

GOOG60

PostSubject: Re: Fanetec porshe wheel   Fanetec porshe wheel I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 5:34 pm

Where and what kind of adapter do I need to get for the shifter. Will the one for the g25 and 27 work or is there a special one for the fanetec shifter. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Metzkill1

Metzkill1

PostSubject: Re: Fanetec porshe wheel   Fanetec porshe wheel I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 6:20 pm

As far as I know, you need to use the metal tubes on the right or the left for the shifters. They are kind of a pain in the arse to get in and out, so I ordered a spare set of tubes for like $25 bucks. I have them already attached to both the gate shifter and sequential shifter so you can swap them a little easier.

I don't think there is an adapter and since the cable plugs in to the "bottom" of the shifters, not sure it will ever work to mount them down by the seat like you can the Logitech wheel. You'd also need a longer cable.

Hopefully they will come out with some type of adapter or kit, but I don't know of one at this point. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
GOOG60

GOOG60

PostSubject: Re: Fanetec porshe wheel   Fanetec porshe wheel I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 6:23 pm

I've just read a forum on it. You can buy a longer cable from radio shack and mount it to a adapter of some kind. I've got to figure out which one.
Back to top Go down
Metzkill1

Metzkill1

PostSubject: Re: Fanetec porshe wheel   Fanetec porshe wheel I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 6:31 pm

Ok, let me know what you find out or send me the forum information. I did order an additional long cable (same one that goes to the pedals) when I got my tubes just in case someone came up with a way to mount it.

Let me know if you find out a way.
Back to top Go down
GOOG60

GOOG60

PostSubject: Re: Fanetec porshe wheel   Fanetec porshe wheel I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 7:15 pm

Will do, I'm on my iPhone and at work. When I get home, I'll post forum info.
Back to top Go down
GOOG60

GOOG60

PostSubject: Re: Fanetec porshe wheel   Fanetec porshe wheel I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 7:24 pm

Well, I keep searching and finding nothing but pictures of people using zipties to secure the shifter down to bracket. I'm a machinist and have at least 10 million dollars worth of equipment at my disposal. I will figure something out if I have to at work.
Back to top Go down
Metzkill1

Metzkill1

PostSubject: Re: Fanetec porshe wheel   Fanetec porshe wheel I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 5:51 am

Ok, I'll keep searching too. Still not sure how you can even tie it down with the cable plugging in right on the bottom, unless the shifter attachment has a few holes in it. The bottom isn't flat either, so could be a challenge.

Look forward to what you come up with! Thanks.
Back to top Go down
The Mac Show

PostSubject: Re: Fanetec porshe wheel   Fanetec porshe wheel I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 8:05 am

I have not had the time to mounted the shifter yet. But when i do i will do something as shown in this clip. It shows the setup in the first 2min. This looks like the best setup. I have the shifter mount from playseat and will still use that part. It does seem a little low, so i'll still try to bring it up a little higher. I'll take some pics next week when i get it finished up. Just going to go to the local home depot and pick up the parts to do it. here's the link that shows how they did it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VID_ndJJ3pI&feature=player_embedded#
Back to top Go down
GOOG60

GOOG60

PostSubject: Re: Fanetec porshe wheel   Fanetec porshe wheel I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 6:13 pm

As soon as I get my wheel, I'm bringing my seat and shifter to work. I'm geting a drafter to help with design for a fully adjustable rig. I've done my own stuff for my fourwheelers, this shouldn't be to bad.
Back to top Go down
Metzkill1

Metzkill1

PostSubject: Re: Fanetec porshe wheel   Fanetec porshe wheel I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 6:53 pm

Are you up for making 2? If so, let me know cost. I think vertical adjustability is the key. I don't have access to tools and I suck building stuff. :-)
Back to top Go down
GOOG60

GOOG60

PostSubject: Re: Fanetec porshe wheel   Fanetec porshe wheel I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 8:01 pm

Material is going to be stainless steel or aluminium. I build anything that will fit in these machines. :-)
when I get it here, I'll fix us up. By the way, we have a playseat knockoff we're working on to, made out of a racing seat out of a late model.
Back to top Go down
Metzkill1

Metzkill1

PostSubject: Re: Fanetec porshe wheel   Fanetec porshe wheel I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 8:18 pm

Cool. Do you have an eta on your wheel? I know last year it took forever. I think I waited 4 months. I would hope the inventory is much better now. Will you start with the basic shifter holder that you can get with the Playseat or are you doing it all from scratch?
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
GOOG60

GOOG60

PostSubject: Re: Fanetec porshe wheel   Fanetec porshe wheel I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 8:33 pm

I don't know yet, my Israeli buddy is already working on a drawing for a print. We might be able to it from scratch.
Back to top Go down
GOOG60

GOOG60

PostSubject: Re: Fanetec porshe wheel   Fanetec porshe wheel I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 8:37 pm

As far as eta, I just know they had them in stock in us. My wife ordered and I don't have any details yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fanetec porshe wheel   Fanetec porshe wheel I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fanetec porshe wheel
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Racing Forum :: Public Area :: Discussion :: Forza 3 Discussion-
Jump to: